HORSE SALE INFORMATION
PLEASE NOTE: the Auction will take place at the Cow Palace again this year instead of the Calouri Pavilion.
Wild Rose Draft Horse Association Annual Sale
Dates May 4 and 5, 2018
$15.01 – $ 200.00
$201 – $500
$501 – $1000
$1001 – $2000
|$ 45.00/ Horse
**Entry fee must accompany entry
Horse and Tack Sale Event Times
|1:00 pm||Preview of the Driving Horses||8:00 am||Auction Sale to Start|
|2:30 pm||Auction Sale to Start||10:00 am||Horse Sale starts followed|
|5:00 pm||Social & Supper||by the tack, wagons and|
|6:30 pm||Auction Sale to Resume||buggies|
General Sale Rules & Information
1. Wild Rose Draft Horse Association reserves the right to refuse a bidding number to any individual.
2. All entries to be directed to the Sale Secretary only.
3. All entries must be paid for by cheque or credit card before being issued a lot number or any advertising being done.
4. All entries entered in the sale must pay the entry fee whether scratched or substituted. No exceptions!
5. Entries will be taken until the sale is full. Consignors are encouraged to enter early.
6. Coggins Test is not mandatory but if the seller feels the horse/s would be eligible to go to the U.S., then to avoid the wait time, it should be done.
7. Canadian Farm Insurance Corporation Agent Heather Barr will be available
8. Consignors are required to be ready when their lot number is called. Barn runners will be on hand to advise. If you are not ready when called upon, you will go to the end of the sale.
9. Please bring your own harness. Vehicles will be supplied. Consignors are advised to have their horses well turned out and be fit. All horses broke to drive will be able to ground drive into the sales ring. This could possibly increase the purchase price, showing the horses well broke and quiet.
10. Wash racks are available for washing horses. First shavings are supplied. Consignors are responsible for feeding and watering their animals. Stalling will be included in the entry fee for Friday night only, as per our rental agreement with the Olds Ag. Society. Arrangements can be made to accommodate stabling on Thursday night/Saturday night for fee per stall per night. WRDHA can arrange these particulars.
11. A good halter and lead shank shall go with each horse, otherwise WRDHA will charge the consignor the cost of purchasing one. All sold horses should leave their halters on after being in the sale ring.
12. Concession will be on site
13. Security will be on site Friday night.
14. Consignors from out of town are encouraged to book motel/hotel rooms early. Look on the website for listings.
15. There will be absolutely no outside barn selling. All horses sold must go through the sale.
16. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit, or credit card.
Please send entries to Sale Secretary:
Turner Valley, Alberta
Entry form for Horses
Please make checks payable to WRDHA